Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Newsletter published and stories therein.

Keeping Reptiles latest edition has just been sent out to everyone (you can subscribe from here). I was delighted at how well it was received. It's good to start getting some more interaction from readers and I was able to publish one reader's story about collecting Apalone spinifera hatchlings along with some pictures.

I got another story in response about a Burmese python that I will publish next edition. It's a pretty funny story really and I think some of the readers will get a kick out of it.

A number of readers told me about their experiences with hurricane Katrina. Thankfully no-one has told me that they lost their animals or similar stories although I got a large number of undeliverable emails and I sometimes wonder whether this has something to with Katrina. I'm sure many folks lost animals but those who I have been in contact with have been saved that misery.

It's been a bit hard getting this edition out as 'She who must be obeyed' has been cracking the gardening whip about my ears. I'm sick of doing the paving and I'm only 1/4 of the way. Oh the pain, the pain. I will look good so I suppose I have something to look forward ie the satisfaction of a job well done.

The critters are all doing well and feeding well, although sometimes Gonzo, the bearded dragon, has been a reluctant starter. Other days he can't get there quick enough. I've only had him a short while so I guess I'll just have get used to his behavior patterns.

The snake necked turtle should start to come out of hibernation soon as the weather is warming up with the joys of spring here. Time to clean out her pond and replace the water, maybe get some new plants. I found some small water plants that grow on the waters surface on the side of the road the other day so I might collect some of them as they seem to have all died in her pond.

That's it for now. Have to off and do some fishing. Yippee!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home